Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2007. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The Transformer Technician is responsible for but not limited to:
- Plan, develop and participate in safety briefings and training.
- Supervise projects and support the project management team in planning, scheduling and execution of field service projects.
- Select and mobilize tools, test equipment and materials.
- Coordinate the delivery of third party equipment and services to the work site.
- Technical hands on work with transformer assembly, transformer maintenance, transformer oil processing and transformer electrical testing.
- Load tap changer (LTC) maintenance and repair.
- Commercial Drivers License preferred.
Other duties are:
Must be able to technically and electro-mechanically support his/her Crew Leader with the safe and correct assembly, maintenance, of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories. This includes and is not limited to following and interpretation of work scopes, assembly and general arrangement drawings, electrical prints and one line diagrams as well as test data and factory instruction manuals.
Must be able to support his/her Crew Leader with the safe and correct operation of transformer oil processor including the performance of vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining of oil filled power and distribution transformers. As well as document the process as required.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED; certificate from a Technical School in a mechanical or electrical trade is a plus
- Transformer assembly, processing and testing
- Electrical substation construction, assembly and commissioning
- Electrical substation maintenance, testing and troubleshooting
- Must possess a minimum of 3+ years of combined field service technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories in the utility/energy electrical industry with supervision and instruction by senior technicians. Special skill sets in one or combined Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in the power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V / 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV / 69kV), High Voltage (69kV / 800 kV) will be highly considered
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English
- Be willing to potentially work any shift with overtime
- Travel if necessary
- Commercial Drivers License Class A Endorsement (Desired Not Required).