Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2902. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The Transformer Field Service Supervisor and Lead Tester to supervise a group or groups engaged in Transformer Field Service activities in support of company products and equipment. Responsibilities include for but not limited to:
- Switchgear, capacitors, distribution, and traction transformers.
- Analyze requirements and assess changes for Transformer Equipment.
- Consult and negotiate with customers regarding installation, modification, and repair of transformer equipment and products in customer field locations.
- Resolve complex technical and logistic problems under general guidance.
- Develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer relations.
- Perform all required field testing on transformers.
- Plan and establish work schedules, considering customer requirements, priorities, and availability of resources.
- Assign work consistent with skills of staff in order to cost-effectively achieve objectives while concurrently implementing efforts to continuously improve field performance.
- Monitor activities, anticipate and recognize potential problems, and take appropriate actions to mitigate.
- Inform other groups, such as Business Development, of potential opportunities for new business.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, employees are properly trained, and work is performed in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Investigate problems, develop or recommend solutions, and implement measures to prevent recurrence or reduce impact.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies.
- Review equipment capabilities, methods, and processes and recommend feasibility of utilizing alternative measures or equipment to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Propose ways for customers to optimize their operations while increasing the company’s business by such means as utilizing more efficient, state-of-the-art equipment.
- Perform technical and/or hands-on work, including transformer installation and assembly and vacuum and oil processing.
- Work with Shell and/or Core Form Transformer designs and components internal to the transformer, to assist with any internal transformer repairs as needed.
- Read, interpret, and understand standard and complex winding configurations and vector diagrams for testing purposes.
- Perform electrical field-testing and maintenance, including Transformer Turns Ratio (TTR), Winding Resistance, Insulation Resistance Megger Windings & Core, Insulation Power Factor and Capacitance, 10kV Excitation, Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA), functional testing of control cabinets and troubleshooting control circuits, welding above and below oil on transformer tanks, and Load Tap Changer (LTC) maintenance and repair.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Associate Degree in an electrical program and 5 years of field service and testing experience; OR High School Diploma or GED and 7 years of field service and testing experience
- Thorough knowledge of field service operations and transformer field testing
- Experience leading field project activities and communicating with field personnel, technical groups, and customers
- Strong technical skills and judgment to resolve complex problems and potentially controversial issues
- Knowledgeable and fully fluent in transformer installation and assembly
- Strong vacuum and oil processing understanding
- Familiarity with shell and/or core form transformer designs and components internal to the transformer
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand standard and complex winding configurations and vector diagrams for testing purposes
- Experience welding above and below oil on transformer tanks
- Load Tap Changer (LTC) maintenance and repair knowledge
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English