Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2364. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
We are looking to fill this position throughout the United States (Colorado, Texas, Georgia and Florida)
The Resident Compliance Engineer Electrical Services is responsible for but not limited to:
- Perform field evaluation of low and medium evaluation equipment, code compliance inspections and CE marking.
- Perform job estimating, proposal preparation, fieldwork, scheduling, reports, and billing.
- Perform power systems measurement and field test utilizing various types of recording instruments and test equipment.
- Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project, using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
- Actively involved with client interface and business development activities.
- Technical presentations and articles may be required.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Graduate Engineer (BSEE/BSEET) and six years similar industry experience OR Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and nine years minimum same or similar work experience OR High school education or equivalent and ten years minimum same or similar work experience
- Thorough knowledge of electrical codes and standards used in apparatus testing with a strong theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation
- Requires special skills in a majority of the following: Field evaluations using ANSI, NEC, NEMA, NFPA, U.L. and other standards; power quality surveys testing and start-up of low and medium voltage equipment engineering studies such as short circuit, coordination and arc flash analysis
- Strong background and experience in all types of low and medium voltage equipment
- A high degree of supervisory, organizational and management skills are required
- Strong presentation skills and effective written and verbal communication required with clients, peers and management. Professional society membership (IAEI, IEEE as required) and meeting attendance expected
- Good judgments, dependable, supervise large-scale projects with technical expertise and good business management skills
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research and operation of computer controlled test equipment
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record