Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2002. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The Relay and Transformer Tech is responsible for but not limited to:
- Install, maintain, test, & repair protective relays on high voltage substations.
- Calibrate & perform functional tests on both electromechanical and micro-processor based protective relays for high voltage substations.
- Experience installing, maintaining, testing, & repairing circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, and similar equipment.
- Capable of trouble shooting distribution and transmission controls circuits.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED; certificate from a Technical School in a mechanical or electrical trade is a plus
- Must exhibit knowledge and ability to satisfactorily perform the work involved in the installation, operation, and maintenance of the various types of electric equipment used in a high voltage substation
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and standards, materials and equipment, electrical design and wiring, maintenance procedures and practices, and safety procedures and practices for voltages from 4kV to 240kV
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and retrofit old equipment with new components including microprocessors and digital controls
- Record NERC, FRCC, safety, FD.O.T. and MSDS concerns
- A general understanding of how different substation and relay schemes work and to be able to troubleshoot in substations and restore power promptly
- Ability to organize, coordinate and schedule various projects; interpret union contract; prepare comprehensive reports; and supervise the work of others
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English
- Be willing to potentially work any shift with overtime
- Travel if necessary