Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 3677. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
Relay Technician Open Positions:
Novi, MI- Mentor, OH- Pittsburgh, PA- New Berlin, WI- Indianapolis, IN- Boston, MA- Wallingford, CT- Dayton, OH- Chicago, IL
Job Summary : Complete projects involving protection & control systems, components, and accessories related to electrical distribution systems from 480V to 345KV.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Review elementary one-line diagrams and control wiring diagrams
- Perform point to point checks on control wiring
- Perform commissioning, calibration, operational and functional tests on multi-functional solid state protective relays utilizing a 3-phase test set
- Configure and modify protective relay settings in accordance with SC/Coor Study
- Troubleshoot protection and control schemes involving multi-functional solid state relays
- Perform full functional tests of protection and control systems
- Perform acceptance testing / commissioning of line traps, CCVT’s, BCT’s, CT’s, and PT’s
- Verification of circuit integrity by applying AC or DC current as required
- Verification of solid state relay wiring and configuration
- Verify overall utility relay protection scheme matches original elementary protection scheme design
- Provide technical support and assistance for sales engineers and technical report writers.
- Conduct safety meetings as required by the Safety Policy.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or Graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and three years similar work experience.NETA Level III or IV Certification is preferred and PE is a plus.
- Experience testing CT’s, PT’s and other equipment associated with protection schematics
- Experience with the following manufacturers’ relays:Schweitzer Engineering Labs (SEL321, SEL421, SEL311, SEL451, SEL351, etc), GE Utility Relays (L60, L90, D60, D30 Multilin 750, Multilin 469, etc).
- Experience utilizing 3-phase relay test equipment including Pulsar, Manta, and Doble.
- Experience utilizing RTS software to test protective relays
- Requires a high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and good management skills.
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Basic computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work.Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell.Frequently required to sit, climb and balance.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus.Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets.