Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2595. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The NETA Field Service Technician (Level II, III or IV) is expected to perform service, test and maintain various types of power distribution equipment.
Successful candidates are responsible for but not limited to:
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, MCCs, Breakers and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Test and calibrate electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
- Perform inspection, maintenance, testing and repair of transformers and all related equipment – 45 KVA to 130 MVA, dry type and oil filled.
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on circuit breakers – low voltage 480 volt (molded case and air-magnetic).
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on circuit breakers – medium voltage up to 15 KV (air-magnetic and vacuum).
- Test and inspect low and medium voltage cable installations.
- Perform start-up, troubleshooting and repair services on generator controls and transfer schemes.
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory laws.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Graduate of Electrical Technical School, Military or equivalent experience. Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army, Air Force, or NAVY)
- Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, OSHA and NFPA.
- Must have at least 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar: MCCs, Breakers, relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, etc.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Prefer NETA Certification (III or IV) or equivalent skills/experience to become NETA Certified III
- Good theoretical understanding of electricity and a good aptitude for problem solving.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers and peers.
- Dependable and responsible with good judgment and organizational skills.
- Good customer service, time management and follow-up skills.
- Work effectively with customers, peers and management to resolve client issues.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office- use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research.
- Work will require flexible hours, weekends and holidays. Must be available for out-of-town work.
- Valid Driver’s License and capable of holding a Commercial Driver’s License.