Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 1999. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The NETA Field Service Tech is responsible for but not limited to:
- Performs tests on electrical equipment, consisting of but not limited to power transformers, protective relays, circuit breakers, control and supervisory equipment, voltage regulators and other equipment within an electric power substation, generating station or industrial plant.
- Analyze all test data and have the ability to explain test data to other Field Services personnel and the client.
- Understand three-phase power systems and associated phasor mathematics in order to perform all required tasks to verify correct currents and voltages.
- Wiring changes/additions and installation/removal of various electrical power equipment including testing of the equipment.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- An Associate Degree in a technical field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and 7-10 years of experience.
- Must demonstrate technical capabilities and possess documented work experience to effectively perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Experience with various single and 3 phase electrical test equipment.
- Experience in validating circuit integrity and point to point wire tests.
- Performs work requiring a fundamental understanding of electrical, electronic and mechanical theories and principles.
- Assists in developing test and commissioning plans and procedures.
- Must have protective relay and microprocessor based protection systems communication knowledge.
- Understand AC and DC schematics, wiring and interconnect drawings, one line and three line diagrams.
- Possess knowledge equivalent to NETA or NICET Level III Certified Technician or equivalent military or utility training.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude in which you will take pride in your work and hold yourself accountable for the quality and accuracy of your work
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English
- Be willing to potentially work any shift with overtime
- Travel if necessary