Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 1998. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The NETA Field Service Engineer is responsible for but not limited to:
- Tests and inspects complex electrical systems, and performs complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Ability to operate all types of test equipment and some experience in coordination studies of electrical systems.
- Management of projects with technical expertise, sales support, business development and expansion.
- Testing guidelines are available for reference; however original problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Electrical Engineering design or Mechanical Engineering degreeExperience in circuit breaker design, testing, and development
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA, NFPA, ANSI, and NEMA
- Possess knowledge equivalent to a NETA Level III or IV technician
- Possess strong background and experience in most types of switchgear testing through the 500 kV class
- Requires special skills in the majority of the following
- Power factor surveys generation and cogeneration start-up
- Pilot wire and distance relaying computer power system transient surveys vector
- Phasor analogy
- UPS Systems drive systems complex control systems medium and high voltage substation start-up, vibration analysis.
- Possess thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and power system testing with a strong theoretical understanding of electrical power systems and good aptitude for problem evaluation and solution
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and templates using Microsoft Office, use of internet to research standards, products, manufacturers, and computer controlled test equipment