Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 3677. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
We are seeking an experienced Field Service & Circuit Breaker Technician.
Successful candidates are responsible for but not limited to:
- Work on low & medium voltage circuit breakers, including GE, Westinghouse, Powell, ABB, ITE, etc.
- Troubleshoot, rebuild, retrofit, test, and repair low, medium and high voltage switchgear to include the teardown and assembly of breakers, contactors and related switchgear and electrical apparatus, including:
- Medium-voltage switchgear up to 3100A, Vacuum Circuit Breakers ATS, 15.5kV, 4.16kV, 60 Hz and 6/6kV, 50Hz
- Low-voltage Switchgear up to 3000A, Air Circuit Breakers ATS, 480V, 60Hz and 400V, 50 Hz.
- Occasionally travel overnight to jobs sites for onsite breaker testing and repair.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED; prefer electro-mechanical training from trade school, apprenticeship or armed services
- 2+ years of 480 volt to 15KV circuit breaker experience preferred
- Prefer testing skills and understand fundamental electrical and mechanical testing procedures
- Experience at an OEM breaker manufacturer a plus
- Strong mechanical skills and experience desired such as?industrial mechanical engines, pneumatics, hydraulics, or diesel equipment will be beneficial
- Working knowledge of power systems, power circuit breakers and other switchgear apparatus desirable