Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 3669. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
Seeking to hire Acceptance Testing Sales Engineers for the Midwest Region and Northeast Region. The successful candidate will provide sales and marketing support as assigned to meet region sales goals for the assigned territory. This activity will be accomplished using all principles of good salesmanship, including personal client visits, telephone selling, group selling plus participation in technical and professional associations. Responsible for developing proposals for company services in conjunction with the Operations Department staff and/or corporate staff. This experienced Sales Engineer will support our service offerings.
Northeast Region covers Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, New York and Pennsylvania.
Midwest Region covers Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area proposal, sales, and order goals.
- Provide technical and commercial support to existing accounts. Make regular sales calls on existing major accounts and establish contact with new accounts
- Develop accurate and professional proposals in timely manner.
- Implement area-marketing plan on a monthly basis. Regional customer site visits as required to execute the plan and achieve goals.
- Assist corporate needs in new service assessments, marketing research and literature development.
Provide proposals or service contracts for services and repair work.
Coordinate and schedule work with Service Center Manager, local sales engineer(s) and customers.
Promote the Company’s image throughout the industry.
- Perform public relations to promote sales. Active participation in trade shows and professional societies. Give effective presentations for the Company’s Training Services and Speaker’s Bureau. Deliver PowerPoint presentations to large groups at trade shows and Lunch and Learn sessions. Make effective customer presentations. Promote and sell growth products and services.
- Member of the Regional Management Committee. Actively participate as a committee member. Assist in the development of the area sales and marketing plan. Bring input and new ideas on Sales and Marketing activities.
Work with local Business Administrator(s) to develop weekly invoicing and monthly status reports to assist local sales engineers as required.
Provide detailed work scope, methods of procedures, switching procedures as required to complete projects in an efficient manner.
Assist in the training and development of new Sales Engineers.
- Graduate Engineer (BSEE or BSME) and five years experience. OR Graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and five years work experience. OR High school diploma or equivalent and eight years of work.
Ability to perform “take-offs” from Electrical One-line diagrams.
Ability to interpret project technical specifications.
Familiarization with Electrical Contractor “bid process” is a plus.
Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, some over night travel to cover sales territories.
Communicate effectively, writing and verbally, with clients, peers and management.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
Has shown the ability to consistently exceed area sales/orders goals under abnormal conditions.
75% travel required.
Valid Driver’s License.