Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 3675. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The Winding Shop Supervisor is responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of transformer components and supervising shop employees. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends process improvements. Responsible for the day to day management of people within production, to ensure company’s targets and objectives are met to meet customer requirements, ensuring that staff complies with safety and standard operating procedures.
This is a 2nd shift position.
Role and Responsibilities
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
- Balance Safety, Quality, Cost & Delivery to achieve positive results in all areas
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
- Check production output according to quality specifications
- Ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Train new employees on how to safety use machinery and follow procedures
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping
- Work closely with other shift supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective.
- Train and coach employees
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3-5 years proven experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- Experience using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Organization and Leadership abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation with a results driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
- High School Diploma; Degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field will be preferred