Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2006. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The Transformer Engineer is responsible for but not limited to:
- Design and development of dry type and water cooled transformers.
- Provide technical leadership in reviewing customer specifications to determine the electrical, mechanical, thermal, environmental and safety considerations of the design.
- Participate in all stages of the development from proposal, through design, manufacturing, and components integration.
- Evaluate and integrate effective design and manufacturing practices into the designs.
- Participate in proposal development and client business development presentations and meetings.
- Assist in cost estimates and supplier contact of designed components.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have experience in design and development of large dry type and water cooled transformers and other magnetic components in the range of 1kVA to 25MVA at both low voltage 600V class up to medium voltage 15KV class
- Must be familiar with mechanical, thermal, environmental, safety, and manufacturing aspects of large magnetic component design
- Experience and creativity and apply advanced CAD techniques and knowledge of practical and cost effective design methods
- Requires advanced knowledge of material and hardware selection, including sheet metal and machine shop practices and tolerances to complete a design
- Strong PC skills