Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 3702. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
We are seeking a Midwest Region Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will provide business, managerial, and technical direction to multiple Service Centers. When local Service Center Managers are not part of management structure, provides general supervision for Field Engineers and Technicians and schedule workflow. Serve as customer contact and liaison. Keep track of job progress and financial details.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for overall operations and business development in the region.
- Review and sign contracts consistent with Limits of Authority.
- Work with the General Manager, Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Services to promote new business.
- Develop Area Profit Plan using local committee and periodically review plan to insure that Service Centers work is on track.
- Hold periodic regular management committee meetings to promote effective communication and review business progress.
- Work with staff to develop weekly invoicing and monthly Status Reports.
- Review and audit field jobs.
- Responsible for the general supervision, safety and technical training of Field Engineers and Technicians.
- Perform employee performance reviews and recommend appropriate salary changes.
- Coordinate technical training for field personnel and assist with career development.
- Review and recommend field technical procedures and procedure changes.
- Interview job applicants.
- Develop and review proposals, and review reports of field engineers.
- 1+ Service Center Managers and/or Operations Supervisors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year degree or graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent, prefer BSEE.
- Same or similar work experience in the Industrial Service Industry.
- Requires a high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and good management skills.
- Communicate effectively, writing and verbally, with clients, peers, subordinates and management.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research and operation of computer controlled test equipment.
- Willing to do some overnight travel to cover field region and attend company meetings.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Valid Driver’s License.