Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2014. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The Generator Technician qualifications include being a high school graduate plus a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with generators or diesel engines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting, repairing & performing preventative maintenance on diesel generators ranging in size from 30kW to 2000kW including control systems, transfer switches, generator and rectifier, fuel system, lubrication and cooling systems.
- Able to perform injector replacements; cylinder head repair/replacement; combustion cylinder liner replacement; piston, connecting rod and bearing replacement; troubleshoot and diagnose using wiring schematics and service manuals.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED; certificate from a Technical School in a mechanical or electrical trade is a plus
- A solid mental acuity to accurately follow instructions and work procedures
- A positive, team-oriented attitude in which you will take pride in your work and hold yourself accountable for the quality and accuracy of your work
- A solid mechanical aptitude, including ability to effectively use all common hand tools
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English
- Be willing to potentially work any shift with overtime
- Travel if necessary
- Candidates must have a valid drivers license
- Regularly stand and work in one place for extended periods, have excellent finger dexterity, good hand/eye coordination, and good eyesight