Direct email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2030. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
The Electrical Test Specialist is responsible for but not limited to:
- Operational verification for all internal circuit breaker controls and alarms.
- Verification of all AC and DC relay wiring.
- Verification of current transformer (CT) wiring ratio and polarity from the CT to the relays.
- Simulation and verification of all potential device wiring CCVT’s and PT’s from the potential device to the relay or instrument connected to such devices.
- Verification of all systems associated with power transformers (load tap changers (LTC’s), fans, pumps, alarms, sudden pressure relays, controls).
- Operational verification of electrical or mechanical safety interlock systems.
- Operational verification of auxiliary power systems including, generators, bus transfer, and other equipment.
- Operational verification of relay protective schemes including, breaker failure, transfer trip (Tone and Fiber), bus differential, transformer differential, line protection schemes.
- Mark up of project drawings to reflect as built / modified conditions includes as required: cable diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, relay rack arrangements, and physical layout drawings; Actual CAD updates will be performed by others from marked prints.
- Circuit Tracing and Verification.
- Additional activities on an as required basis such as but not limited to:
o Electrical tests (Hi Pot, Doble, TTR, Ductor, Megger)
o Battery voltage regulator set-up
o Battery electrolyte quality
o Aux power transformer tap set-up
o Operational verification of both manual and motor operated disconnects
Successful candidates will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED; certificate from a Technical School in a mechanical or electrical trade is a plus
- Shall possess some level of technical expertise as applied to electric transmission and distribution equipment and facilities
- Must be fully knowledgeable with the National Electrical Code, the National Electric Safety Code, Fall Protection, LOTO, OSHA Regulation, Confined Spaces, ARC Flash, Shock Hazards, safe work practices and are experienced working in energized high voltage facilities
- Shall be trained technician with at least five (5) years of relevant experience
- Shall be able to read, modify and interpret all types of electrical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, and logic diagrams
- Shall be familiar with all types of test equipment including, but not limited to, circuit breaker timing apparatus, high potential AC and DC test equipment, high current / low impedance ohmmeters, digital multi-meters, relay test apparatus, power quality metering
- Shall possess good computer skills, including MS-Word, MS-Excel, Windows, and be willing to learn new software packages as they appear; AutoCAD a plus, but not expected
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English
- Be willing to potentially work any shift with overtime
- Travel if necessary
- Commercial Drivers License Class A Endorsement (Desired Not Required)