Direct email contact information is: email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.uselectricalstaffing.com and go to our Job Seekers tab to complete an online application. The job number is 2852. You can also complete a general application and view all of our current job openings.
Purpose: The Field Engineer is responsible for performing engineering activities in the field under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and/or General Manager. This includes technical and engineering support of field work as well as office generated reports.
The Commissioning Agent is responsible for but not limited to:
- Provide technical capabilities for testing relays, circuit breakers, transformers, motor control equipment, and related switchgear in the field, including synch check, point-to-point.
- When necessary, support the sales effort by assisting with labor estimates and job walks.
- Remain current on all safety and technical training.
- Remain current and active on all Professional Credentials through successful completion of PDUs and CEUs in the appropriate curriculum.
- Perform updates to client electrical drawings including one lines, diagrams and schematics, including the use of AutoCAD to perform said-modifications.
- Collect field data and perform arc flash studies, coordination studies and short circuit analysis.
- Provide technical insight with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems.
- Adhere to all company, industry and client safety protocol and standards
Successful candidates will have the following:
- BSEE from ABET Accredited University
- Minimum 5-7 years related experience in substations
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English
- PE – desirable. NETA III or NETA IV
Field Experience Necessary
- Must have hands-on experience with test equipment such as M400, 6150, CMC-256, CMC-356, etc.